So here we are again – another Christmas. May we all take time to calm and even awaken our hearts, minds, and spirits. Here are 9 brief thought-provoking stories and perspectives from Biblical Viewpoint. Have a Merry Christmas! ◊
Each year at this time I love to read Christmas short stories and historical and Biblical perspectives on this special holiday season. It always serves to uplift, encourage, and stir me with the truths and questions and realities of the significant events around the Christmas celebration.
As I have been writing these Biblical Viewpoints weekly for the past 9 years, there is a collection of at least 2 to 3 per year (actually 22 distinct ones in total) that I have written on topics in and around the subject of the Christmas season.
So with that I am presenting here a selected 9 of my own Best of Christmas Biblical Viewpoints for you to pick and choose and read at your leisure this weekend. If you’re familiar with my approach, these perspectives are targeted for Christians of all levels, as well as, I believe, non-Christians who are open-minded and inquisitive to the very real questions, issues, and concerns that arise when contemplating the deeper things in life.
This collection includes the real story behind Handel’s Messiah, the numerous incidents of dreams and visions in the Christmas story, the curious star of Christmas, our changing Christmastime culture, a question about Hanukkah, an apologetic Christmas challenge, a review of Mary’s song in Luke 1, and finally, two true short stories that have touched me greatly over the years.
May your mind, heart, and spirit be stirred. Have a Merry Christmas!
Here are 9 Biblical Viewpoints about Christmas that lend themselves to good reading and study by yourself or with friends and family around a Christmas tree or fireplace this weekend.
- Handel’s Musical Masterpiece – You know the song, Handel’s Messiah. You hear it every year at Christmastime. Do you know the full story of its composition? Read the Viewpoint here.
- Christmas Dreams and Visions – The Christmas stories around the birth of Jesus are filled with supernatural dreams and visions. Did these really happen or are they all nice fairy tales? Read the Viewpoint here.
- What About the Christmas Star? – Was the iconic symbol of the birth of Christ really a new star, a comet, aligned planets, a nova or supernova? Have you considered perhaps another option? Read the Viewpoint here.
- Merry Christmastime Culture – How do we reconcile this secularized holiday season with the reality of what we’re really celebrating? How do we deal with the Jesus thing? Read the Viewpoint here.
- So What About Hanukkah? – Is it my imagination or do we just not hear as much “Happy Hanukkah” these days? What’s the real story behind Hanukkah anyway? Read the Viewpoint here.
- The Preposterous Christmas Story – There’s just one problem for all of us in dealing with the preposterous story of the birth of Christ: it’s true. Read the Viewpoint here.
- The Magnificent Song of Mary – The story of Mary, the mother of Jesus, is an interesting case of faith, surrender, devotion, and obedience. Amazing depth for one so young. Read the Viewpoint here.
- A Christmas Miracle – Taylor Caldwell wrote many novels throughout her career. Here’s a touching short story of her own most wondrous Christmas when she had just about lost all hope. Read the Viewpoint here.
- The Yellow Kite – In this season of hope, a touching story of one small request and answered prayer when hope runs out. Read the Viewpoint here.
Have a very Merry Christmas!
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.” – Isaiah 9:6
Categories: Abundant Living, Christmas, Discipleship, Evidence, Faith, Family, Holidays, Israel, Jesus, Marketplace, Prayer, Prophecy, Theology
Leave a Reply